Thursday, September 18, 2008

yay 6.5 miles!



So, last Saturday, Kati, me and Ami ran 6.5 miles straight. Now to some of you, this probably sounds like no big deal, but for me this was huge!! I usually only run 2-4 miles on a regular basis so getting up to 6.5 was a big accomplishment. We are running the 10k (6.2 mi) up in Flagstaff on the 27th, so we are gettin' ready for that. I got this AWESOME visor for the race from Sports Chalet (LOVE THAT PLACE) and im really excited about it! haha. This Saturday we're shooting for 7 miles. ahh! And I'm pretty nervous for the 10k in Flagstaff cuz i hear the altitude's a killer! So wish me luck! Anyways, pretty boring post i know, but that's my life for ya!

7 Comments:

Blogger Ami Bethea said...

This is not a boring post! That was a huge accomplishment, I was proud of you guys. You kicked butt! Cute visor, too. I love having one, you will love it. So...I pulled a tendon in a bad place and I'm not supposed to run for a week! I hope I will be ready for next Sat. I'm sooo depressed.

September 18, 2008 at 11:06 PM  
Blogger allie said...

WOW! Great job! That is fantastic. Good luck in flag! I am sure you will do so so good!

ps we need to get together asap! Whats the scoop on the bridal shower? Please let me help.

September 20, 2008 at 11:45 AM  
Blogger allie said...

Sounds good! Let me know what i can do or if you want to get together to plan stuff or just let me know what I can do.

The whole mom thing is the best! minus the lack of sleep though! Ryker is doing well. He is so big already! I cant wait till he starts blabbing! Talk to you soon love ya girl!

September 20, 2008 at 6:57 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

You're my hero. I want to run like you! Last night was so much fun hanging out! Why didn't we take any pictures????? grr...

September 21, 2008 at 1:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

good job mallory!!! i'm so not a runner. my mom just ran a full marathon... i don't know how you long distancers do it! good luck in your race!

September 21, 2008 at 7:42 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

holy cow are you serious!! 6.5miles! heck, 2-4 miles is even good!! Kudos to you cause i don't know if i could do that, although i really should try, it my do my body some good! haha!

September 22, 2008 at 7:50 PM  
Blogger The Smith Family said...

Hey Mallory! Is't been a long time... well Amy my sister tlod me that you guys have hung out a few times. Just wanted to say Hi.

September 26, 2008 at 4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home